Anneyohaseyong!
This entry was something I wrote in my journal on the 4th of November 2022
I planted a bed of Japanese Roses or Portulaca Grandiflora in the backyard, on the roadside of the back alley, outside of our fence, hoping that when they bloom, the people passing by will get a beautiful view. The view that will make them smile. It turned out to be such a beautiful view. Subhanallah! I always start my day sipping a cup of Nescafe O Kaw (extra black Nescafe Classic with raw sugar), sitting at the bench in my backyard, enjoying the view of the flowers and, I come to notice that everyone passing by this back lane will stop, or slow down to look at the flowers, somehow like they were enjoying the view, most of the time they smiled and waved at me and left.
Every Friday morning, Alam Flora, the waste management company, will come and collect our garbage. They will use our back alley and will stop by every house (backyard) to get the garbage bags. So I thought it would be nice if they were greeted by the beautiful, colorful tiny roses. But then again, Portulaca family only blooms at 10.00am, hence in Malaysia, they are known as 'Bunga Pukul 10'. So I planted other types of roses as well, and I really love the small white roses, the climbing type. I can't remember the name. They bloom really well.
The beautiful view of those roses lifted my spirit, and I hoped they would lift others too. It gives me such a beautiful feeling. To be able to entertain people's eyes with God's beautiful creation. To lift spirits. To put a smile on someone's face. Simple things that makes a different.
Ciao,
Izarose
No comments:
Post a Comment