Thursday, February 1, 2024

Happy 2024!

Anneyohaseyong! 

Hello and welcome to my blog. Happy New Year! Yes, my new year starts in February, and I have decided to inaugurate this blog now. I had a different blog name on Blogger since 2008, but I removed it recently due to inactivity. Towards the end of last year, I tried to start a new blog, but I got stuck again and eventually removed it.


Entering this new year, which marks a new phase in my life, I have realized that I need to express whatever is in my head. I've done a lot of thinking and still have more to do, and I need to let those thoughts out. Unfortunately, nobody really has the time to sit with me all day to listen, but I appreciate their effort and respect their time. Therefore, I have decided to blog about what I want to say.


We could agree that this blog works as my journal and a place where I practice writing. I may write about my opinion, interesting encounters, ideas, gratitude, dreams, and more. Despite the frequent use of "my" throughout the text, it could also refer to the people around me, as a third-party story or imagination.


I have another reason for starting this blog that I would like to share. I need new acquaintances if not new friends. I know the word "friend" might sound corny, so let's just say that I am looking for new connections. Due to my occupation, location, and responsibilities, it is challenging for me to make new connections in person. However, I am optimistic about making connections through this borderless society.  For those who enjoy connecting, reading diverse content, and leaving comments for engagement, this blog is a great fit.


"Who is this person asking for connections? Let me introduce myself, my name is Izarose. I speak Bahasa Melayu and English. I'm currently self-employed and work from home. As a mother of three, I always feel young at heart, no matter how old I turn on my birthday. I love reading, but not just any reading, mostly self-enrichment, self-growth, and human management materials. Some of my favorite authors include Robin Sharma, Sahil Bloom, Anthony Vicino, Codie Sanchez, and Matt Bell. I enjoy reading books about North Korea, biographies, autobiographies, fiction by Andrea Hirata, and some short stories written by Malaysian writers." 


"I love handcrafting. I make and sell handcrafted skincare for sensitive skin, here. My hobby is sewing stuffed animals; I 100% hand-sew them. I also write poems in Bahasa Melayu and English, and have self-published some anthologies with other Malaysian writers. Occasionally, I conduct Conversational English classes for children, teenagers, undergrads, and adults. Most of the time, I am just a hardcore homemaker."


Since I don't have any photos of my New Year's celebration, I thought I'd share with you a picture of the dessert I had to welcome the new year. It's nice to meet you and I hope we can connect.


I had this delicious strawberry croissant at a really cozy cafe called The Brew and Butter, Swiss Garden Residence in Sg.Karang Kuantan, Pahang Malaysia.  It is really a nice place to be when you just want to celebrate yourself, by yourself.  Till then.


Ciao,

Izarose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Begin With The End In Mind

Anneyohaseyong ! Today was an absolutely gorgeous day - one of those days where the warmth of the sun wraps around you like a warm blanket. ...